Kootenai County Prosecutor’s Office – Deputy Prosecutor
$78,644 - $124,425 per year depending on experience
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Job Posted On:
September 25, 2023
A Kootenai County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney handles prosecution of either felony, misdemeanor or juvenile cases, from charging through trial and sentencing. Our office is highly respected in the community for our aggressive approach to crime, backed by strong law enforcement support that has not been rendered ineffective by legislation. New misdemeanor attorneys are paired with felony mentors for their first year, co-chairing preliminary hearings and felony trials. As their competence grows, they can handle cases independently. Felony mentors also support misdemeanor trials until proficiency is achieved.
OUR LOCATION: Our office is located Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, just blocks from the stunning Lake Coeur d’Alene, known for its beauty and summer warmth. Our office is nestled in the charming downtown area, perfect for lunchtime walks to parks and shops. Coeur d’Alene is a quick 45-minute drive from Spokane, Washington, a vibrant city with an international airport and large city amenities. The area offers abundant outdoor activities, from hiking and biking trails to lakes, rivers, and national forests perfect for fishing and hunting. For winter enthusiasts, three ski resorts await within a about hour or less north or west of Coeur d’Alene, with two more close to Spokane. Coeur d’Alene attracts residents from all corners of the country for its exceptional lifestyle.
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (nicotine free rate). View our entire benefits package.
- 40 hours of paid vacation after 6 months of full-time employment
- Do you have student loan debt? This position is Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible allowing employees who qualify 100% student loan forgiveness
- Promoting work-life balance 4×10 schedule available for attorneys demonstrating proficiency and reliability
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have a Juris-doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of one year related experience and/or training?
- Have you successfully passed the Idaho State Bar examination or otherwise been admitted to practice law in Idaho?
- Do you have or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and are you insurable?
YOU MAY BE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE IF:
- You are licensed to practice as an attorney in the State of Idaho
- You are committed to justice
- You are able to successfully pass a criminal background check and mandatory pre-employment drug test
- You are able to work as required including evenings, weekends and on-call
How To Apply:
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities Attach cover letter and resume in order to be considered. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and mandatory pre-employment and subsequent drug tests.
EOE/Veterans Preference/Drug Free Workplace