Kootenai County Prosecutor’s Office – Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
$75,547 to $119,059 per year depending on experience
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Job Posted On:
September 19, 2022
Open until further notice
THE POSITION: Conducts prosecution in court proceedings on behalf of Kootenai County government and is responsible for handling legal matters in the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney including reviewing all misdemeanor and felony files, evaluating them for disposition, ensuring that cases calendared are thoroughly prepared for hearing, and effectively litigating cases through completion. Duties also include investigation, initiation and handling of complaints, and the preparation and appearance on orders to show cause in the District Court.
· $75,547 to $119,059 per year depending on experience
· Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
· Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (nicotine free rate). View our entire benefits package [kcgov.us].
· 40 hours of paid vacation after 6 months of full-time employment
· Do you have student loan debt? This position is Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program [studentaid.gov] eligible allowing employees who qualify 100% student loan forgiveness
View the full job description [governmentjobs.com]
DO YOU QUALIFY?
· Do you have a Juris-doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of one year related experience and/or training?
· Have you successfully passed the Idaho State Bar examination or otherwise been admitted to practice law in Idaho?
· Do you have or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and are you insurable?
YOU MAY BE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE IF:
· You are licensed to practice as an attorney in the State of Idaho
· You are committed to justice
· You are able to successfully pass a criminal background check and mandatory pre-employment drug test
· You are able to work as required including evenings, weekends and on-call
How To Apply:
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities [kcgov.us] Attach cover letter and resume in order to be considered. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and mandatory pre-employment and subsequent drug tests.
EOE/Veterans Preference/Drug Free Workplace
Human Resources (208) 446-1640